Queen of the Ranch Cornbread Casserole
Brought to you by the reigning Queen of the WHH Ranch Company herself, our Mighty-Mighty Madré Terrific Tuggy.
Great Googley Moogley It’s MARCH!!!
As hard as is to believe we’ve made it to March. We’re still working out a few bugs here and there, but all things considered, we’re doing awesome. It took a little longer to get caught up than I originally thought. Being closed for a week really wreaked some havoc on us. The good news is that we’re all caught up, orders are out, water and power are restored, we have a full tank of gas, 1/2 pack of cigarettes, it’s dark and we’re wearing sunglasses. Most orders, barring natural disasters, are shipping the following business day.
Like a Band of Gypsies…
I’m sitting in a motel room in Salina, KS strumming this out on my iPad. I love modern technology. Convenience is mighty handy. It certainly does lend itself to getting a very late newsletter out. Sorry for the delays kids. It’s REALLY been one of those weeks.
I have to admit, Star Trek fantasies aside, I never expected something like this when I was a kid. Sure we all had the flying car dreams. However, laying under my front yard not once in all my fevered dreams of being a phaser wielding super hero, did I ever even ONCE, see myself typing out a newsletter on touch sensitive view screen attached to a globe spanning compendium of all human knowledge. Yeah, that caught me by surprise. Much like this story. If you’d have asked me when I started this, this wouldn’t be where I saw this going.
It’s a long drive from Shepherd, TX to Salina, KS. I could probably do it in a day, but long drives in the Dodge tend to take more recovery time than elective surgery. It’s a bit like being gently beaten for 12 hours. Sure there’s not a mark but dang I’m sore. Even with the stiffness I wouldn’t trade the things I’ve seen for all the world and I’m just getting started. So, I’ll bring this missive to a quick close today and just say this is one for the recipe books boys and girls.
Alex and family
What You Need:
2 boneless chicken breast / cooked and diced in small bites size pieces
1 can mushroom soup (condensed )
1 can cream of chicken soup ( condensed )
4 green onion- chopped fairly fine
1 jar Legendary Mild Salsa
1 cup sharp cheddar, grated
1/4 cup oil
2 packages of Martha White Corn Bread Mix – make according to the directions.
- Wash ya hands. You’re working with raw chicken. Safety-Safety-Safety!
- Pre-Heat Oven to 425° F
- In a large mixing bowl mix, place chopped chicken, mushroom soup, 1/2 chopped green onions, 1/2 grated cheese and whole jar of Legendary Mild Salsa. Mix well.
- Place oil in large iron skillet or large casserole pan and place in oven to preheat.I use a large iron skillet; but a casserole pan is always good too!
- Prepare cornbread mix
- Pour 1/2 of cornbread mixture ln preheated skillet or casserole.
- Spoon chicken salsa mixture over cornbread mixture. Do not blend with cornbread. Top with remaining cornbread mixture.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until cornbread is golden. Top with remaining cheese and chopped green onions.